Battlefield 3: Give Me Your Thoughts



As you may have heard by now, Battlefield 3 has shipped 10 million units. It shouldn't really come as much of a surprise, considering all of the hype and money EA put into the marketing campaign. Will all of these copies be sold? Over time, probably.

I finished the single-player the other night. Nothing to write home about, though not near as bad as some reviewers have said. Yes, the story was a bit of a mess, and the missions were much more linear than Bad Company 1 & 2, but it still felt more satisfying than anything I have played with the Call of Duty series...well, except the first Modern Warfare -- still my favorite FPS to date.

Who really cares about the single-player, though? If you knew anything about BF3 going in, you knew the primary focus is the multiplayer. This is where all of the meat, potatoes, and gravy (cheap idiom, I know) lie.

Only putting a few hours with the multiplayer does not give me much say right now. However, one thing that is very clear: BF3's finished product is MUCH better than what the open beta showed. I have not experienced any of the glitches I stumbled upon in the beta, the animations look better, and the weapons feel more satisfying. Oh, one other thing, the maps are a blast.

One thing I have not experienced is the connection issues that people have been complaining about. Have you been having troubles connecting, or staying connected with matches? Also, let me know in the poll after the jump how you rate the game so far!

0 comments:

Post a Comment