Does Hype Ruin Your Experience? (POLL)



One of the playing factors that can make or break a movie, video game, book, etc...HYPE! (Keep in mind, I said "one" of the factors.)

It's great to have, but can be blinding, too (I will refer to the form of entertainment as "thing"):

  1. You can build up the hype train too much, then be severely disappointed with the final product
  2. You see the "thing" is garnering so much hype, you hate it just to hate it. No matter what the end result, you still refuse to like it -- what a rebel
  3. So much of the "thing" is being covered/released that everything feels spoiled once you finally view it/play it/etc.
  4. Many people continue to talk about the "thing," so you feel forced onto it -- even though you have no idea/interest in what is going on
After hyping Iron Man 2 to no end, I have learned my lesson. In no way was IM2 a bad movie, I was just expecting it to be SO much better than the first (that was my first mistake), I had too high of expectations.

What do you think? Does hype ruin your experience? I vote yes, but let me know your thoughts after the break.




0 comments:

Post a Comment