Redbox Raises DVD Rentals By 20 Cents, Hurts Our Wallets



So, I received an email today that Redbox will be raising the price of their DVD rentals by 20 cents (apparently their operating expenses are rising). The first thought that came to mind was: THIS IS MADNESS (300 did not play any part in this)!! If I rent 4 or 5 movies a week, there goes my pack of M&Ms I could have indulged in.

If you head to the FAQs page regarding the matter, you will notice the question: Will you ever go back down to $1 a day? Their response:
Redbox has no current plans to change prices again. But if you're interested in renting DVDs for a discounted price of $1 for the first day at Redbox, you still can when you reserve your rentals online! From 10/31 to 11/30, go to Redbox.com to reserve any DVD (even new releases) for $1 for the first day. Additional rental days will be $1.20.
I call BS! If they continue to dominate the movie rental market, these prices will surely inflate in due time. Possibly to...$1.29. *Shivers* I can't even stand the thought of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment